Headaches are often caused by disorders of the neck or physical and emotional tension. Physiotherapists can successfully treat headaches originating from the neck or soft tissues and show you how to prevent the pain from recurring.
So, what are the signs that you should look out for a neck related throbbing headache?
Associated with neck pain, does the pain radiate from the back to the front of your head?....
- with dizziness or light-headedness
- brought on or worsened by neck movement or staying in the same position for a long time
- which always feels worse on the same side of your head
- eased by pressure to the base of the skull
- which persists after your doctor has checked for other causes
Headaches from other causes:
If migraine, allergic reactions or other factors are likely to be causing or contributing to headaches, it is highly recommended that you see a medical practitioner.
If you are experiencing painful headaches, neck aches or migraines, it is important that you have your conditioned assess by a physiotherapist. Contact us through 8447 8408 or phone/SMS 0434 708 488. We do same day appointments if you make an appointment with us before 11:00AM.
(Source: Australian Physiotherapy Association)